Why do I charge a portrait session fee?
There are many fold reasons to charge a session fee.
• It shows your commitment to the shoot. I reserve the day for your shoot and once booked cannot take any other bookings for that day.
• The session itself can last for anything up to four hours, during which time I will further advise on clothing for each part of the shoot, work with you in your chosen location and place you in the most flattering light to create pictures you will love.
• You get to enjoy a great experience with your loved ones, being professionally photographed. I have noticed that clients tend to leave the shoot on a high, tired, but exhilarated,
• I fully edit all of the images taken on your shoot, before visiting you and presenting the images.
• The editing, which often takes longer than the shoot itself is a highly skilled process and adds a professional finish to images.
So for your session fee I invest lots of time, skill, care and effort to create pictures that I hope you will love. In fact most of my professional services are employed before you see the images and choose which ones you would like to buy.
Will I feel pressured into buying products?
It is not in my nature to pressure anyone into making purchases that they do not feel strongly about. It is of course my wish that you will love the images I take, and the products I offer but there is no obligation to purchase anything.
Can I buy the digital files for a portrait session?
No, although I will provide small digital files for mobile media of any images purchased.
With my portrait service I work with you to create the products you wish to own, whether this be a storybook album, containing multiple images from the shoot, and/or contemporary fine art wall or desk pieces.
I passionately believe in the benefits of printing out your photographs and believe that in doing so the photographs become more precious, can be enjoyed more and have greater longevity as beautifully made products that can be passed to your children and their children in time.
There is a danger with digital files, that they are lost, that the media on which they are saved becomes outdated and replaced by new technology, and also that they are hidden away on a computer or in a drawer never to be looked at.
Are digital files included in the Wedding package?
I include digital files all of my wedding collections.
A Wedding is a story. It shows how your day unfolds, through the many special parts of the day and therefore I provide all images to reflect this.